Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Learned, Re-learned, and Always knew!



Wow! It has been too many days since my last post. I can tell you now, but I was out of town this weekend. (didn't want to blog it to the entire world that my doggies were home alone ;-) ) Snow storm Snow storm! So neat and beautiful! I haven't seen snow like that since that Snow Storm of '96. I know I am bringin back memories to your East Coasters! That was a fantastic storm and so was this one. Maybe it's because we were "home" and had all the love we needed surrounding the storm.

One thing I have always known is that I love my family. If you have ask me to tell you something about myself, I will always says Family, Family, Family! So, this is something I always knew. What I didn't quite know/realize is how much I love seeing and experiencing other families. I witnessed love this weekend that cannot be replaced, recreated, or ignored. The love between siblings is something I admire and have myself. Thank Goodness I am here. The chaos of everyone together in one place is something quite fantastic and extremely fun! We were there to celebrate a life and I witnessed new life and new generations.

Friends are something I have never taken for granted and also never will. A hug from a friend is the most comfortable and calming thing for me. I have a few friends that I hug that probably prefer that I don't (not the hugging type) and then I have other friends who squeeze me so tight I can't breathe (the 5'2ness doesn't help). Never underestimate the power of a hug!

You know how you spend some time with certain friends and you just automatically feel HAPPY? I felt that this weekend and I would never take it away. The even cooler thing is that Aaron (husband) felt it too! I loved that he mentioned how much he enjoyed a few certain friends before I could say my usual "I just love them so much!".

What I learned, re-learned, and always knew:

Snow is beautiful!
I love other people's families.
More than two dogs in a house is too many (no offense to anyone that does)!
It is possible to have a "political" conversation with family and still hug at the end of the night.
I love my MAC and I missed it this weekend!
It is fun to buy songs on I-tunes as you are driving down I-95! which leads to...
I LOVE my I-phone!
Mr. Bill Nixon was a stellar man and amazing father and I wish I would have had more conversations with him about life.
Virginia will always be HOME.
My mother-in-law is the Bomb-diggity.
I love these PowerBerries try them @ Trader Joes!
I am so proud of all my friends and the what great mothers they are.

For now, Home is wherever Aaron is. I love him so!

"Where ever we are, home is there too!" JJ

3 comments:

  1. I loved this post so much; thank you for sharing! Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JL, A little Jack Johnson for ya. I thought you'd like it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great post! ♥ I'm so sad I missed everyone this weekend! I had such an awful cold! Hope to see you soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete