Thursday, September 9, 2010

Yummy Yummy Sweet Sweet

Monday for football night, I also made a Potato Salad that was gluten-free.

It is also linked to Gluten-Free Goddess.

I love her Gluten-Free recipes.

You really can have fun without cheese and all the other fun stuff.

This potato salad had sweet potatoes, yukon gold potatoes, AND NO MAYO.


Seems pretty impossible for potato salad, right?

Aaron couldn't believe it didn't have mayonnaise in it.

This was really good warm, and still very good cold too.

Next time, I will serve it warm.

Monday night, I made all my recipes in advance so I could relax, but next time I serve this I will time it better to be warm for the guests.

It really was still fantastic cold too though. I don't want you to think it's not good cold, because IT IS!

Here's the deal:

2 large sweet potatoes, peeled, diced
2-3 large Yukon gold potatoes, peeled, diced
Sea salt
Cracked pepper, to taste
Extra virgin olive oil, as needed
Apple cider vinegar, to taste
2-3 teaspoons dill
Sliced or chopped red or purple onion, to taste

Place the cut potatoes into a pot of fresh salted water and bring to a boil. Cook until the potatoes are fork tender- about 20 minutes. Drain well. Season with sea salt and cracked pepper. Sprinkle with apple cider vinegar. Drizzle with olive oil. Add the dill and onion. Toss gently to combine. Taste test. Keep adding vinegar, sea salt and olive oil a sprinkle at a time; and toss; until the salad achieves the flavor you prefer.

Savor the taste of this dish,
Khak

No comments:

Post a Comment