Monday, January 24, 2011

Weekend Recap

How was y'alls weekend?

I won't bore you with all the details, but let's just say I had the best weekend!

I got to play a REAL scrabble game with my 12 year old friend.
It was a blast.

She and I both had different rules so we met in the middle and it worked well that way.

REAL game boards are so much fun, it was a nice break from my "Words With Friends" obsession.

Poor Aaliyah had no idea that I am the Scrabble Master (only kidding) or that I wasn't going to let her win.

A 12 year old is a pre-teen and I'm pretty sure they are mature enough to lose a game.

Plus, her older sister who is 14 told me that her Mom and Grandmother don't "let" her win, so I shouldn't either.

It was a great Saturday afternoon date.

I suggest all of you find a friend and play a board game at least once a week.

Now, I am not typically a gloater or one who brags, but I know for a fact that my dinner was better than yours last night.

While all of you were eating Nachos and Pizza Slices during the NFL Play-Off Games, I was eating Standing Rib, Collard Greens, Lima Beans, and my Mom's famous Cheesy Mashed Potatoes.

I hate to rub it in, but it was one of those "You had to have been there" moments.

Superb and Divine is all I can say!


Looks like it's going to be the Packers and Steelers on February 6th!

Hey, Did y'all I know I danced in the Halftime Show at the Pro-Bowl in 1997! Good Times!

And my question for today is...
At what age do you stop letting children win games, when is it appropriate to let them learn for themselves?

I sort of felt bad for winning that Scrabble Game, I need to know how you all feel about this!
KHAK

3 comments:

  1. Well first I must say a shout out to the "Momma" for cooking you dinner and it sounded awesome as her usual style roles that way. But back at your scrabble board I think you have to learn to let them win in a way that they don't know you let them win, and then when they become jerks about it you win in their face. But remember I was dealing with wrestling mentality but it is good to learn to have fun and lose and win at the same time. ISN"T THAT WHAT LIFE IS REALLY ALWAYS ABOUT ANYWAY! But most importantly you are so awesome to take time out to play a game with your neighbor and give her your time and friendship so no matter who won or lost you were both spending time together and sharing God's Amazing Love....love you sister....call me tom...I called you twice today need a note on one of the songs on the CD you gave me without words, gambling with what song it is before I cry to it again....:) love you so much, have some news for you too if you call you can find out......Happy Freakin Monday Night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm not one to answer your question because I believe you shouldn't let kids always win (every other time is ok)...we don't want them to think they will always win and add to this world of whiny, sissy, "i'm entitled" society. Just my thought :-) HAHA!
    and also I'm VERY sad I was not at dinner with you guys...eventhough I couldn't eat any of it. On January 31st I challenge you to a board game...that will of course involve it being turned into a drinking game since it is my FIRST NIGHT that vodka can be back in my life! LOVE YOU! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Scrabble Shots" HMMMM I'll have to think about that one....We could play where you can only make words that are drinks.

    ReplyDelete