Wednesday, February 24, 2010

have to share this...

"Without a rich heart, wealth is an ugly beggar"- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ok, so my sister "who is older in years so she is supposed to be wiser, right?" broke it down for me tonight. In reference to my previous post asking about compassion and why we give it as humans.

She explained to me that in order to have compassion for someone, you have to of experienced an hardship of your own. The lesson learned is not about the person you are being compassionate for, but those who are feeling the compassion. I realize this is deep and believe me and my sister and I's conversation on my way home from the gym tonight was, but I needed to put this into words.

It really made sense to me when she and I were talking because it was sort of like a lightbulb turned on and made me realize why I am so emotional for others.

Aaron says I care more about strangers than I do those I know. Not literally, but he says I always assume strangers are not cutting him off in traffic intentionally or that the elderly lady who walked right in front of me in the grocery store didn't do it on purpose and I stick up for all of these people. Well, the truth is he is right, but partly.

What I am trying to say is that I am slowly, 31 years later realizing why I am "wired" the way I am. People say I am "so nice and blah blah blah", but I don't buy it. I think I am just happy to be here, living, and conversing with others.

Do you know how boring life would be if you were the only one here? Think of the movies, Armageddon or I am Legend.
So, why not embrace people and feel compassion. This is way deep, I know. And I am probably not making sense to you, but I am making sense to myself so that's all that matters, hah! Only kiddin, but seriously, thanks for reading. If I lost you in the beginning, then I'll see you tomorrow. Anyway. thank you for giving me a place to put my thoughts.

OK, so I did my usual googling of COMPASSION and this was one of the images I found.

A much lighter way to end this post. I truly have compassion for each of these gentleman especially the one in the center. :-) BIG BIG SMILE

Also, for any of you who called me today and I have not called back yet please forgive me, as I will return your call very soon. ;-) Oh and I had a little moment tonight. I have no idea why, but every time I speak to my nephew my eyes tear up and I am get a heavy heart. I think I am in denial of him being 15 and I wish he still thought I was cool. My eyes are tearing up now thinking about him. Not sure why that kid has the key to my heart, but he sure does and I need to get it back!

Night and Peace,
KHAK

No comments:

Post a Comment