Monday, March 15, 2010

lessons learned

I have heard of so many stories where a woman prepares and completes a fantastic meal, only to have the entire dish fall into the bottom of the oven when the pot holders slip; however I NEVER thought it would happen to me! Ugh.

I made a fantastic teriyaki pork chops with young potatoes and snow peas dish. The kitchen was filled with sweet teriyaki and roasted sesame seed oil aromas and then it happened. I honestly froze and was so completely irritated I wanted to scream.

The kicker, I had an audience. That would be the husband. He definitely has seen me freak a time or two, but for some reason I didn't want him to see me explode this time. I just froze, looked at the ceiling, threw the pot holders, and started pacing the kitchen. Why was I so p*ssed?

Tonight, I learned and was reminded of the love and dedication we put into our meals as women. I don't think a man would react the same as a woman. Do you?

All I know is that I had planned this meal, executed it, and in the blink of an eye I had ruined it. If Aaron had not remained silent, grabbed a can of veggies, put it in the microwave, I think I would have drowned in my sorrow and chugged the glass of red wine I had planned to enjoy with my dinner.

What was once pork chops, young potatoes, and snow peas ended up being pork chops, green beans, and sauteed yellow and orange peppers. Not bad, but not what I had planned. Remember, I am a planner and don't like detours.

Lesson learned: Oh well, life goes on. But I will not trust a POT HOLDER again. So there. Take that, pot holders of the world!

Night night!
KHAK

No comments:

Post a Comment