Thursday, March 18, 2010

The day after....

Last night I was not up for cooking the ritualistic meal of Corned Beef and Cabbage, so I went out searching for an alternative. My search was a success.

I found a great recipe @ recipes.kaboose.com and it was a hit! I was a little aprehensive because there were zero comments on this recipe (Usually there are good and bad, but NO comments I wasn't sure how to feel about that).

I had never bought corned beef from the deli, that was a first. This recipe made the house smell so good and it tasted good too.
FYI: I used a Whole Wheat pizza.

I paired it with a fresh mozzarella, yellow pepper, romaine salad and topped it with balsamic vinaigrette (Sorry no photo of the salad). This was good too!



Aaron swallowed three pieces of pizza before I finished my two! He was hungry I think. Wink Wink. This pizza was so filling that with the salad we had three pieces left. We usually do not have ANY left, because Aaron devours anything close to resembling bread. He lives for it!

I highly recommend this recipe for anyone who wants to celebrate St. Patrick's Day on the spot without much effort. This is a real winner. We may make this again before next March 17th.

Recipe here:
Ingredients
2 cups of shredded green cabbage, shredded (about 1/4 head)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
1 purchased pizza crust (such as Boboli)
1/4 pound thinly sliced corned beef
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese

Cooking Instructions:
-Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
In a large skillet, saute the cabbage in the olive oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until it is soft. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper, and remove from the heat.
-Place the pizza crust on the baking sheet. Spoon the sauteed cabbage onto the crust and spread it out evenly to within half an inch of the edge. Arrange the corned beef slices over the cabbage. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the corned beef.
-Bake the pizza for 10 to 15 minutes, until the cheese is thoroughly melted and the pizza is nice and hot. Cut into wedges and serve immediately.

Any of you know what a Boxin the Fox or a Bogtrotter are?

Hint: I want to be a Bogtrotter one day!

A little Irish Trivia for ya' lad!
KHAK

No comments:

Post a Comment