So so sorry for being MIA for seven days. I needed to experience my trip without the thought of online networking, decompose for a few days, and then share my emotions with you all at a later date.
As you know I went home to Virginia to say goodbye to Oceanfront Dance Company. After 15 long years, the show will go on, but with different leading ladies.
Things happen for a reason and God knows where we should be and he puts us there even if we don't want him to.
After a few days to think, review, and love; this is what I learned:
1. I love seeing friends experience new journeys. Congrats to the Millers and their beautiful new house. Can't wait for a pool day.
2. I never thought I could love my friends' children as much as I do. I am so in love with all of them.
3. Family is and will always be NUMBER ONE. I already knew this, but it is important to be reminded.
4. My friends are like FAMILY, so they are number one too!
5. My Sister is amazing. There is no way to describe her. If you don't know her, I suggest you go find her. She has a little free time now. She loves going to the beach so you might find her there.
6. I love the special bond my sister has with my friends. This is important for 2 reasons. My sister knows why my friends are my friends. And my friends know why my sister is my best friend.
7. Pretty sure I've talked myself out of my need to be a school teacher. After the hellacious dance parents I had to deal with this weekend, I'm done needing to fulfill that prophecy.
8. Mr. Dance Dad, your daughter's dance recital is just as important as your son's soccer game. He has 25 games a season, your daughter has been preparing for her ONE recital for 10 months. Let's get that straight. Do not underestimate the power of a dance class. (Can you tell one dad made me a little angry? I need to let go of this but I am still not liking this man.)
9. No Dance Mom will ever make me cry again. Last year she was a b*tch and made me cry, this year she was a b*tch and I just laughed at her. "No one's gonna bring me down. oh oh ooo..."
10. Dance parents don't get it until they see the show. Then somehow they forget all the hard work by the beginning of classes again. I guess that's just the way the cookie crumbles. Oh well.
11. 50% of parents appreciate me, 50% don't. AND that's ok. 50/50 isn't bad.
12. My sister uses me as the "messenger" so her dancers will hate me and not her. She's a smart girl, because I don't mind. That's what I'm there for. (example, I had to tell Advanced Co. they could not have their hair swinging in their face and no fly-aways. They did not like my announcement, Sorry.!) "Whatever happened to dippity-do?"
13. My nephew has no idea how much I love him. It is impossible for him to know, hopefully one day he will understand when he is not 15 and "too-cool for school".
14. My Cousin Lisa makes me smile inside and out. She is a beautiful person and I love her.
15. Mother's Day is special in so many ways. I miss my Gee-Gee but I know she was there watching on Sunday. I am pretty sure she is upset that Amy didn't dance in the recital. I am confident that will be the first thing she will say to Amy the day she arrives at the pearly gates. I can hear her now. She still makes me laugh just thinking of her.
16. All things must come to an end, and all things must also BEGIN.
Cheers to the next journey. I can't wait to see what it is.