Monday, May 17, 2010

Twenty-four hours to THINK.

It has been 24 hours since our stingray incident and I have been doing a lot of thinking since then.

One, how can I get the word out to other beach goers that this (stingray attacks) is a concern?

Two, how can I thank/find the nice couple who carried Aaron to the car while I packed the surfboard, beach chair, beach bag, etc.?

Finally, why in the world did we have to ask for help? and why were the four cute girls getting a suntan not concerned about us as I was sprinting back to our chairs to get a towel to wrap Aaron's foot? Couldn't they tell something was wrong as I was running and Aaron was screaming?

I really want to be able to thank the nice couple walking on the beach for helping us. I was in panic mode and I needed help getting Aaron to the car and getting the car packed. Thank goodness we were parked really close to the public walkway and that we did not have that much stuff with us. I literally threw every thing in the car as the nice couple helped Aaron into the car.

I want to find a way to thank them. They helped me so much by taking care of Aaron, so that I could get the car packed.

Aaron mentioned to me last night, that he noticed a group of beach goers coyly laughing at him.

What has happened to our society?

How dare we try and mess up their sun time. Not one person came up and asked us if he was alright, if we needed help, NOTHING.

I am astonished in how people can be so self-absorbed.

I wonder if the same thing would have happened if I would have drowned?

Would Aaron be able to get help or would the hippy-mind set of Folly beach have sunk in and the people sitting there remained seated.

I know that we are all strangers on the beach, but I also know that we are all ONE community.

Come one. What ever happened to "Love thy stranger"

Ok, I made that commandment up, but I do know that I practice what I preach.

AND I also know, that I will always ask someone if they need help especially at the beach.

I have read several articles that past few years about how our society "looks the other way" nowadays in hopes to not get involved in incidences.

That's crazy to me. I will not sue you, nor will I blame you for helping.

Be a volunteer.

Don't be lazy.

and for goodness sake, lend a helping hand because you never know when you will be on the receiving end.

Peace and OUT!
KHAK

4 comments:

  1. Can you tell I'm fired up? ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just glad someone was there who was willing to help; however, I understand your frustration in the non-doers. Grrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's insane people were laughing and no one around helped out. What the heck is wrong with people? Thank goodness for that nice couple to help you out. I'm fired up with ya KS!!

    ReplyDelete