Monday, July 26, 2010

Watch yo' mouth

I am practicing something new this week and I am letting you know so that I can be held accountable.

I often mis-speak, speak out of turn, or say too much.

I also sometimes manage to do all three in the same conversation.

Shame on me.

I am too honest. As my sister's calls it, I am "honest Abe"

There is no holding back with me, that is, only after I have said what I should have not of said and then there you go....me trying to reverse my statement......

I can't tell you how many times a week, I lay in bed at night upset with myself for saying too much.

I believe this is my biggest weakness.

Uh. Why do I do this?

I know one should never apologize for honesty, but sometimes I put my nose where it has no business being.

I just realized that I offended a dear friend by insulting a purchase she made and although she says that I did NOT offend her, I feel that I should not have said anything in the first place.

What business is it of mine, to question her purchases, especially when she was having me over for dinner.

I sound like a real jerk, don't I?

Not this week.

This week I stand firm to not offer my opinion when it has not been asked.

Whew, this may be a long week.

To my dear friend, you know who you are. Please forgive me.

Disciplined,
KHAK

No comments:

Post a Comment