Saturday, July 24, 2010

Juicy-Ness

Last week while here

Here is the Eastern Shore of Va here our good friend Clinton gave us some tomatoes from his garden.

He has grown all types grape, cherry, large, small....yum!

Nothing makes me happier than fresh veggies.

I am anxiously waiting for the day that I get to have my very own garden.

Hopefully, it will be in the next decade.

My selling point is how much moolah I can save at the grocery store, aside from cereal which is highly over-priced, produce comes in second as the highest price point per unit.

*This is my own study, no official results have been collected so do not hold me to this.

Anyhow, I have told Aaron at least a half dozen times this week how I can't wait to have my "own" garden and be a farmer.

Back to the tomatoes.

Yum. Red. Juicy. Delish.

We put our Italian influence in motion.

Aaron loves making bruschetta/caprese salad on bread and makes it periodically.

It's so easy, but oh so scrumptous.

Small loaf of italian
fresh mozzarella
fresh basil leaves
the perfect tomato

Slice the loaf into thin slices, then toast in the oven for about 10 minutes @350 degrees

Cut mozzarella into small slices

Cut tomato into small pieces/cubed and put into small bowl, add a little fresh pepper and EVOO.

Rinse and break basil leaves into small pieces, add to tomato bowl.

Lightly mix/stir all ingredients.

After 10 minutes add the mozzarella to each slice, let melt a few minutes

As soon as you remove bread from oven.

Spoon tomato mixture on top of the melted mozzarella.

Finally, enjoy and relish in your creation.



This is a must-make recipe when you have a perfect tomato.

Chiao,
KHAK

2 comments:

  1. this picture is drool worthy. Now I am hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So when I first starting reading this I was thinking o'crap she's going to bring up the dang on veggie tray I bought at Krogers last weekend!! LOL!! I'm definitely going to have to try this recipe out too!! It looks delecious!! I'm trying the chili one tonight! Wish me luck! :-)

    ReplyDelete