Thursday, August 12, 2010

Vanity or Creativity?

In today's society we have many ways to express ourselves.

Instant Messenger ID names
Blog Names
Facebook Profiles
Vanity Phone Numbers
Vanity License Plates.

You name it, our country has a way for you to express yourself.

Have you ever considered your Wireless Network as one of these mediums?

Well, me either until this morning.

On my way to work this morning as I approached the stop sign at the end of my street, the wireless network of a neighbor popped up on my phone.

I have an iphone so of course it picks up networks for you to use as you leave your 3G network.

That's the technical part for those of you who have what I call "old school" phones.
(No offense to them, that's just what I refer to them as)

Anyhow, back to my story.

The name of the network that popped onto my phone screen was "FaceJugs"

Really? FaceJugs?

Do you really want all of your neighbors to know that you have named your wireless network "FaceJugs"

So strange.

On my street there are also the following wireless networks:

DeadBaron
Magnolia247
Dav
JFMBase
2Wire167
HippyLuv
Linksys

Diversity, right?

I guess variety really is the spice of life.

People are so interesting to me.

I am seriously considering walking door to door and asking people what motivated them to name their networks the way they did.

I am such a curious person when it comes to people's actions and motivations.

I know, I had a personalized license plate in my early driving years, but when I think about it now...I have no idea why I did.

Why would I want people to sort of know what my last name is? I don't consider this safe anymore.

For instance, "BethVB8" does not seem wise to use for a girl named Beth who lives in Virginia Beach on 8th Street.

You get what I'm sayin'?

Same for wireless networks, why did the one person put their address on theirs. I don't know, so people can stand on their porch and use their wireless?

Guess so...

I don't know, is it just me?

So odd. So weird. So strange.

What's your wireless network called?

Has this post motivated you to rename your network?

If not, it has at least given you the urge to snoop and see what your neighbors' networks are called.

I bet you are doing it right now?

Am I right?


Just askin'
KHAK

Ok, update on this post. This morning I found two more networks on my street.

Ching Chang Chong and Hallucinogenic Tiger

What?
This is getting more interesting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment