Friday, September 17, 2010

Letting it all out Friday.

I have an issue, well a big, HUGE issue that came to my attention about a month and a half ago.

Here's the problem, it keeps getting worse.

And now puts me in a very bad mood every morning and afternoon as I leave my office.

I used to be so sweet with no opinion.

I also know that NOW I am a bit outspoken and extremely opinionated.

I like to call opinionated something new. Like, Passionate.

Ok, so now I'm very passionate about things.

-Politics.

-People, in general.

-How I spend my time.

-Social Responsibility.

I could go on and on.

But this one topic is eating me alive.

It is giving me high blood pressure (I don't really know this, but I can feel my heart racing every time I get upset)

Here's the situation:

Roughly about 2-3 miles before my office, they are doing construction.

I am talking big road construction.

Every day they are out there 20-30 workers, big machines, orange cones.

The whole nine yards.

It is such an extensive project that it is mentioned in the newspaper quite a bit and they even had to lower the speed limit down to 35mph, while it is usually 45mph and even 55mph that last mile before my office.

For some reason that I can NOT comprehend, no other drivers except me, good 'ol Kelly, feel the need to go the 35mph.

I'm talking not even police officers, government marked vehicles, construction trucks, shipping trucks, even the regular citizens.

Why is this?

Don't they see how close the workers are to the street.

This is for the workers safety!

Why wouldn't you want to protect them???????????

Listen, I know we are all "inconvenienced" by slower speed limits and that everyone has somewhere to go, but wouldn't this be much better if we all respected these workers and went the speed limit?

I mean, come on people, let's get real.

This frustrates me to no end.

I mean, I've got people basically riding my bumper because for some reason they don't notice all the signs displaying the new speed limit.

I have no patience for rubber-neckers who are going too fast in the first place.

I am a fast driver, and given the opportunity I am always one to be driving faster then I should be, but this is an exception.

I cannot believe that people are so selfish and self-absorbed that they can't slow down for a few minutes, to keep these workers safe.

This is something I cannot and will not understand.

Whew, I have been wanting to blog about this for days.

I feel better already.

Everyone in my office thinks I am crazy because I get so upset about this.

They laugh at me and roll their eyes but I know I am not the only one.

Please tell me I am not the only person in this place we call Earth who abides by construction area speed limits and cares about these workers.

If you're with me, please tell me!
KHAK

1 comment:

  1. I AM WITH YOU! That stuff scares the crap out of me. They used to post these signs that had school kids pics on it and it said "My mom or Dad work here so please slow down!" That always made me slow down and now I just do it in any sort of consturction zone.

    ReplyDelete