Monday, January 25, 2010

every girls loves a new do!

Besides today being quite draining in more ways than one, it was a GREAT day because I got to see my girl Krista today! Krista and I have had a date every 6-8 weeks for the last 4.5 years. As you would guess, Krista is my wonderful hairdresser. She knows exactly what I want and I never cringe when she is spinning me around in the chair to see the end result.

Why is it that when we decide to grow out our hair it feels like light years before we get to the length we originally had set out for? I ask this because the last two times I have threatened to just "cut it all off". Growing my hair out is like waiting for my knight in shining armor to arrive. Thank goodness I have my knight, just waiting for the hair ;-). Since I am patiently waiting for the hair to grow, I decided to try something different. I asked Krista to make the underneath really dark compared to my typical high and low lights. I was picturing something really drastic, but she reminded me that I would look like a skunk so we were gradual with the color change. It is really dark brown underneath, but not BLACK. I like extreme change but think Krista was definitely right, as always!

Ladies, don't forget to pamper yourself. Mothers, new mothers, expectant mothers, single ladies, married ladies, which ever category you fall into, every girl likes a new do! Don't forget to sometimes put yourself first. If you feel great, so will the others around you.

Last but not least, the best part of the day is that a wonderful friend of mine gave me a gift card to Stella Nova (my salon) and I was able to treat myself on her behalf. The gift card was a nice gift and it was great to know that she took the time to find out what salon I go to! Thanks girl!

PS. I just realized my blog is becoming pretty much a ladies only destination. Oh well, they are missing out, huh?

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning,
    Well I hope you can read my comment as it has taken me a few days to get on. I love your posts and I love being your sister. Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful day and thank you for reminding us to try to help others along with ourselves. I do need a good body shop (as pop would say about grandmother) visit soon. Why is it I can do an hour and a half of yoga but going to the hair dresser seems so painful? Began my cleansing yest. I'll tell you how it is going. A lot of stuff you take all day but the tea at night is great too. Have a peaceful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that some guys would like to hear about some low-carb beer and rib options for the Super Bowl. That might give you a more broad audience. Just a thought... GO COLTS!!

    ReplyDelete