Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Comfort Greens

For lunch today I had my Mom's collard greens for the fourth day in a row. I could easily add collards as a daily entree.

Collards in my Omelet for Breakfast
Collards as a side for Lunch
Collards in Pasta for Dinner.

There are so many ways I could incorporate Collard Greens into my life on a daily basis. Good Blog idea, mmmmm...

Every year my Mom makes 50+ plus pounds of collards and sends (mails) them to all of us kids for the holidays. You can freeze them too! So wonderfully fantastic! She even cooks them for her most special friends. I think we all place orders with her in the fall for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

One of the great things about holidays with the family is my mom always makes way way too much so I (we) get the leftovers. Yippee! Hooray for Easter Dinner. Sunday we had her collards, along with everything else she makes!

I love anything green! Collard greens, broccoli, lime beans, green beans, mustard greens, okra. The list goes on.. I could go on and on like Forrest Gump goes on and on about shrimp.

My mom's collard greens are so good, I don't even put vinegar on them. They don't need a thing. So so so good.

I wonder if the reason I love green foods is because Green is one of my favorite colors. Maybe, so....interesting thought.

Pictured is my lunch @ work today. Collard greens and homemade sweet potato fries (I made these!).
It was mmm mmm good!


Question of the day: What does someone in your family make that you could eat everyday?

Livin' Green!
KHAK

No comments:

Post a Comment