Sunday, April 11, 2010

Skip to my Lou

Influenced by the SATC movie and Jennifer Hudson's character Louise from St. Louis, I decided to buy and watch Meet me in St. Louis. How in the world had I never seen this classic? I don't know who to blame, but I will definitely be introducing my (future) children to this movie at a young age. Not only is it a classic, but it is also a Holiday Classic.
Even better, since we all know my obsession with all things Christmas.

Did you know that Skip to my Lou and Have yourself a Merry little Christmas were both written for this film. Again, how did it take me 31 years to see this flick? I am pretty upset about this.

Judy Garland is simply exquisite and the dance choreography is effortless, yet genius.

I enjoyed this movie so much, I cannot wait to watch it again.

I found myself singing along to all of the songs. I especially liked Meet me in St. Louis and the song from the Trolley scene.

I absolutely 100% loved the wallpaper in the dining room. It is full of charm and would be great for my formal dining room. One day I will have something similar to this. I adore it!

Not only do I love the decor of the interiors I also love the simply dressed chic men in this film. The men are handsome and dapper. I favor this look much more than the t-shirt and shorts look most men of today tend to wear.
Hats, suits, and smiles I can take all day long.


I hope I have sparked your curiosity to watch this film. If you have never seen it you are missing out. And if you have seen it, watch it again. You are bound to fall in love all over again!

Cinema-tastic,
KHAK

No comments:

Post a Comment