Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fluid check, anyone?

This blog has become my diary of admitting my faults as well as realizing my dreams.

I have learned a lot about myself simply by writing it down.

I have always known that I am a bit crazy in the perfection department.

Clothes have to be folded a certain way.

Remote Controls have a specific spot, and I have to put them in their place before leaving the house.

Pillows have to pluffed and in their designated areas at all times.

Drinks left on the kitchen counter, turn me mad.

Lint Brushes are the best invention ever.

I hate white napkins in a restaurant, and if I am given a white napkin I almost never let it tough my lap due to lint "issues".

The shower curtain can never be tucked in.

Shoes do NOT get to lay around the house.

If I see an empty toilet paper roll, I have to change it even if it's not my house (see previous post)

Laundry detergent, paper towel, and toilet paper brands must NEVER be changed. I am loyal to the end.

As you can see, this list could go on and on.

I know I am a freak of nature and will never be able to be classified as normal.

Normal?

Normal is not in my genes.

You can't fake normal till you make it.

It's just not possible.

My destiny was chosen a long time, and "perfectionist, OCD one" was what I was chosen to be.

Normal, not so much.

Just this past weekend, two of my friends made a comment about my "quirkiness"

They simply said, "we know you won't do that KHAK"

Referring to a few household irritations of mine.

It recently came to my attention another thing to add to this list.

You see, I thought this specific thing everyone did.

One night a few weeks back, A and I were headed to the movies and my windshield got smudged and I was complaining about it for a few miles.

I told him I was going to stop at a gas station and clean my windshield.

He said "are you serious?"

Why yes, I am serious.

I stopped cleaned my window and on we went to the movies.

A thought I was so crazy, he just turned up the music and ignored my craziness.

I cannot handle a dirty windshield.

If anything blocks my perfect vision, I freak.

Then the next day, my washer fluid was empty.
My best "friend"

I begged Aaron to stop and get me some because I was out and I forgot on my way home.

He refused.

He said I am the only person who goes through windshield wiper fluid as fast I do.

Do most people make it between oil changes?

No way, do I.

The next day, I convinced him to get me a bottle and then he would not let me change it because we were going to a birthday party.

He made me wait another day, which made me completely crazy.

I am sure my neighbors think I am a bit strange because I am always have the hood up filling the washer fluid.

I am so good at it, I barely ever spill any and never use a funnel.

One day a few years ago, I was changing and a man offered to help and tried to get me to use a funnel.

I said "no thanks, I do this all the time"

I don't know if it was business attire or age that threw him off, but he could not believe that I just whipped up the hood, poured the fluid in, and went on my merry way.

I thought this was normal.

The man told me I have a steady hand.

Mainly because he was nosey and sat and watched me pour my fluid in.

The point here is that I need to know if I am the only one?

If I am, I know all of you have something you are crazy about it.

If not, at least humor me and make something up!

Loves,
KHAK

1 comment:

  1. Oh KS, you are too funny! I have to admit some of the things that drive you crazy are on my list as well. I can't leave the house or even sleep if these things are not done. Andy Miller thinks I'm a hot mess when it comes to stuff like this. This is why I run late alot becuase I make sure I have everything in place before I leave for the day! I just like the feeling when I get home that everything is in its place. I know I'm such a weirdo!!! HA!! ♥ ya!!

    ReplyDelete