Wednesday, November 3, 2010

It's a festive dinner

I have been fighting the Christmas Music urge, but can no longer fight the spirit.

What spirit?

The Holiday Spirit!

I am so excited about the Holiday Season this year.

The Fall vegetables and smells were extra perfect this year, so I guess I am now ready for the next season.

I just put on my Christmas Playlist while typing and my first official song of the season is none other than Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas"

I could listen to this song on repeat for at least three hours.

Being in the festive mood tonight I decided to roast a butternut squash and bake apples.

We bought about 300 apples at Costco a few weeks ago and I am trying to figure out different ways to consume them.

We really only bought a dozen, but my my 12 apples can go a long way.

I feel like I eat one and three more appear.

Morgan wants to say hello!

She always get stickers on her head!



Starting with the butternut squash.

I bought this last week and have been waiting for the perfect moment to cook this.

Why oh why did I wait?

How yummy.

I did not even get a plate, I simply ate them right off the baking sheet.

So fantastic.

A mix between a sweet potato and Heaven.

Yup, I said it.

100% scrumptious.

To prepare, all I did was cut it up into slices, gut the inside seeds out, put on a baking sheet, and cook for 30 minutes at 400 degrees!


So easy.

While those cooked, I prepared the apples.

Cored and sliced 3 apples, then added other ingredients.
1/4 c. sugar blended with 1/4 tsp. cinnamon (more, if needed)
2 tbsp. lemon juice
(1/4 stick) melted butter

I used a bit too much butter, because the original recipe calls for 6 apples.

Mix all ingredients.

Then cook for about 30 minutes at 425 degrees, stirring the juices every 8-10 minutes.

Easy. Easy.

I am pretty sure if you are friends with Paula Deen you agree that you can never have too much Butta'!



I am loving this playlist.

I have already heard Michael Buble' "Grown-Up Christmas List" and Christina Aguilera is belting it out now to "Merry Christmas Baby"

I am such a nerd, but man I sure have missed this music since January 1.

The house now smells absolutley amazing and I am smiling.

The dogs got a few bites too so they are happy too.

Happy Dogs, Happy House!
KHAK

3 comments:

  1. Yummy fall food!! How are you lady?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The apples look delecious!! I'm ready to decorate for Christmas too!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you saved some apples for this weekend!

    ReplyDelete