Friday, December 17, 2010

Are you a PC?

Are you a PC?

Actually, I'm not.

I'm a MAC.

But that's not what I'm talking about.

Ever since I moved to South Carolina, I have stopped saying Merry Christmas as much.

I pretty much don't like it either.

Reason:
I have met a lot of Jehovah's Witnesses and people of other beliefs who don't celebrate Christmas.

Well, so what! If you ask me.

I expect people of the Jewish belief to say Happy Hannukah to me, so I why can't I say Merry Christmas?

I don't know why South Carolina is any different than Virginia, but people don't say it as much here.

You would think the opposite with it being the "Bible Belt" and all, but it's not.

I respect and appreciate most religions so I expect others to do the same for me.

I wish I wasn't so PC.

Actually, I am going to try to not be in 2011.

Maybe it will be one of my resolutions.

Yesterday I said Merry Christmas to someone I know celebrates Christmas and they responded back with Happy Holidays.

What? Didn't I just say it to you so you should know it's ok to say it to me?

I don't get it.

And I also don't think it's the words that matter but the idea that you are wishing good will and fortune to someone this time of year.

I don't care if you say "Merry Flippin Pancakes" to me, I understand that you are wishing me "something" nice and warm and fuzzy.

I am silly, I know.


But guess what y'all.......


KHAK

2 comments:

  1. I really like Merry Pancakes!!! Love You and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! Merry Flipin Pancakes! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete