Thursday, December 16, 2010

Do ya think my tractor's sexy?

Last night the husband and I ventured out to Wal-Mart to purchase items for the family of 5 we are sponsoring through the HALOS Organization.

They are a wonderful organization that I chose for my professional insurance association NAIFA to sponsor. This is our second year and I am in charge of the project.

Anyhow, Wal-Mart is out of control this time of year and in more ways than one.

I do not want to get political so I won't.

However, I will mention a little beef I have with buying toys.

You see, in looking for a Princess Scooter for the 4 year old girl in the family we are giving to...I found something I personally want if I could fit in it.
John Deere Kids Truck

However, I feel like I am little too big.

I REALLY want one of these.....for my farm! (this is the real deal)

However, this is almost $10,000 so I am going to have to wait for this.

I imagine myself tending to my garden and taking my husband for a ride on it. HA.

Let me get back to my Wal-Mart trip.

The John Deere truck for kids was $350!

That seems a little high to me. Plus it is something the child will outgrow.

I am thinking that spending $300 on a Wii makes a lot more sense than paying $300+ for a toy that the child can outgrow.

I have always the thought the Wii craze was a little outrageous but now it is making more and more sense.

What do you think?

A Wii (electronic device) or a Toy that the child will outgrow?

What do you think?
Is it a waste or is it all about the experience for the child?

I an not saying that gifts from Grandma and Grandpa would not be accepted, but as a parent I am not sure I would buy this.

For the record,
I say this now, but all bets are off once I become a parent.

PEACE,
KHAK

No comments:

Post a Comment