Thursday, December 30, 2010

My wish.

I spoke with a dear "friend" of mine on Christmas night whom sounded for the first time in a long time:

rested
at peace
calm
still
and most importantly in love.

I mentioned to him how much the Christmas card he sent us meant to me.

In all the years I've known him, I had never received a Christmas card from him until this year.

It was a beautiful card, with words of his own written in it as well.

He told me what made his Christmas special, and then I told him that his Christmas card is what made mine.

I am not sure if he believed me, but I was telling the truth.

It really did.

He said to me "Well, you know all those years I was in the wrong place and my priorities were wrong"

As we hung up the phone, I began to think about what was different this year than any other year?

Two simple words are the difference for this friend of mine.

In-Love.

Being in love can change you.

It can change you for the better and/or for the worst.

In this situation love was all he needed.

The Beatles said it perfectly, "All you need is Love"

Although this idea seems a bit ridiculous and unrealistic.

I think it's true.

This friend of mine is:

In love with himself and who he has become for the first time in his life.

In love with his future spouse

In love with his relationship with his God.

In love with his life.

and...

In love with the idea of his future and what it holds.

So if you ask me what makes one happy.

I will simply say, being in love.

I witnessed it first hand on Christmas night and I just wanted to share the tears of joy I weeped for my dear friend.

Wishing all friends on earth the opportunity to be In-Love,
KHAK

1 comment:

  1. I got the same card and wept as well...boy that friend is so special to me and his future so bright.....It is amazing what God does with Love and Hope and Honesty....love you girl, miss you more.

    ReplyDelete